20 June 2011

HEDI SLIMANE

Because I needed a starting point and I couldn't think of a better one than my favourite photograph.

Vogue Hommes International SS 08

So here comes my first post.
It's about a man that as a designer changed men's fashion radically.
His androgynous and slender silhouette started a revolution in the way men dress and represent themselves, a wave most designers had to ride after him in order to keep up with the change Slimane had started.
Minimalism, black and white, youth, these were the main ingredients of his collections.

Then, at the top of his design career, he quit. In July 2007 he left Dior after 7 years and decided to focus on another passion: photography.
He brings his very strong and precise vision to his pictures the same way he imposed it in his collections: in black and white very sharp images.

And since an image says a thousand words, I'll let them speak.

hedislimane.com
hedislimane.com
AnOther Man June 09
hedislimane.com
hedislimane.com


His website is a very inspired visual diary.

So, to go back to the start, I'll close this post with a quote from an interview he did for syle.com
"…And by “fashion,” I mean men’s fashion at the same level as women’s. This is what I always pursued during my design years, defending the idea of men’s fashion rather than men’s wear."

All images from hedislimane.com

No comments: